(Odessa Weather Forecast, TX)
2008 Fallen Officer Memorial Video
Many home insurance companies will offer a home owner a discount on
their insurance premiums if their home meets certain criteria. A
survey of your home can be completed by an officer from our office.
Upon completion of the survey, it will be mailed to Texas Dept. of
Insurance in Austin. After the time allowed for processing, the home
owner will receive a certificate in the mail. This certificate
should be taken to your insurance agent for proof of qualification of the
Home Security Hardware
A person's residence qualifies for a 5% discount on homeowners insurance
premiums if the property meets the following criteria:
- Exterior doors must be solid core doors that are 1
3/8" thick and must be secured by deadbolt locks. The deadbolt
must lock with a minimum bolt throw of one (1) inch and must penetrate a
metal strike plate firmly secured to the door frame. If a door secured
with a deadbolt has breakable glass within forty (40) inches of the lock,
the lock must be a double cylinder (double keyed) deadbolt (UNLESS
PROHIBITED BY LIFE SAFETY CODES).
- Metal doors must be secured by deadbolt locks as outlined
- Double doors must meet the specifications for exterior
doors listed above in (1), and have the inactive door secured by a header
and threshold bolts that penetrate metal strike plates. If glass is located
within forty (40) inches of header and threshold bolts, the bolts must be
flush mounted in the edge of the door.
- Sliding glass doors are secured by secondary locking
devices to prevent lifting and prying.
- Dutch doors have a concealed flush-bolt locking device to
interlock the upper and lower haves, and the door is secured by a deadbolt
lock as described in (1) above.
- Garage doors are equipped with key-operated locking
- Windows are secured by auxiliary locking devices. An
auxiliary locking device required by this section must include either
screws, wooden dowels, pinning devices, and key operated locks. In
areas where life safety codes permit, metal bars or grating, if mounted to
prevent easy removal, may be substituted for auxiliary locking
devices. Jalousie or louvered windows DO NOT meet the specifications
of this section unless they have metal grating mounted as provided for
A person's residence qualifies for a 15% discount on homeowners insurance
premiums if the property is equipped with an electronic burglar alarm that meets
the following criteria:
- All exterior structure openings are contacted. (This
includes all exterior windows and doors.)
- The alarm system includes an interior and exterior siren.
- The alarm is monitored by a U.L. (Underwriters
Laboratories) approved central station.
- The alarm system equipment is U.L. approved.
- All sales, service, installation and monitoring of the
alarm system are done in compliance with the Private Investigations and
Private Security Agencies Act (Article 4413(29bb) Vernon's Texas Civil
- The alarm company is licensed by the Texas Board of Private
Investigators and Private Security Agencies.
Information concerning the licensing requirements and U.L.
approval of alarm equipment can be obtained from you alarm company
representative. THIS INFORMATION MUST BE MADE AVAILABLE TO THE INSPECTOR
AT THE TIME OF INSPECTION IN ORDER FOR THE ALARM SITE TO PASS.
THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS ARE MANDATED BY THE TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF
INSURANCE AND WILL NOT BE WAIVED.
Request A Home